OPEN DAY 6th JULY INFORMATION CLICK HERE
VIDEOS COMING SOON
55th Annual Sale will be held on 27th July where 260 of our very best bulls will go under the hammer. Our bulls are born into big mobs of 200-350 cows (800 cows in total) that rotationally graze the native grasses of the Warialda district. Some are lucky enough to graze maybe a couple of improved sub tropical paddocks. The bulls are weaned onto subtropical grasses and finished for the sale on oats crops. All bulls are grown out in large paddocks where they walk kilometres for feed and water. They are taught to walk early and no bulls are confined in small paddocks with self feeders! All bulls are from the same contemporary group – No bulls have been selected to be fed for shows or to be a feature bull of the sale. That gives you the buyer the ability to compare equally.
Come and see the bulls at our OPEN DAY 6th July. All bulls will be penned from 10am – 3pm at Doongara, 748 North Star Rd Warialda NSW. It’s a great way to see the bulls prior to sale, chat with us and have a a nice day out. Lunch and refreshments are supplied including a a variety of hearty homemade soups plus more! If you can not make this day we are only too happy to show you the bulls, they all run in large grass paddocks on Doongara, very accessible and we LOVE seeing people our bulls. We are so proud of this year’s bulls that the last 60 bulls (lot 200-260) are in the front two paddocks as you drive into Doongara!
260 Bulls Sell – including genetics exclusive only to Texas
** Over 138 bulls in top 20% for growth traits (200, 400, 600)
** Over 64 bulls in Top 20% Scrotal (Fertility Trait)
**Over 133 bulls in Top 20% Docility (Temperament)
** Over 140 Bulls in Top 20% CWT (Carcase on the hook)
** Over 74 Bulls in Top 20% EMA
** Over 74 Bulls in Top 20% GL (Early gestation)
** Over 50 bulls in top 20% Calving ease
** Bulls marbled up to 8.1 at 400 days scanning!!
** Won the Grainfed Class at Australia’s largest Beef Carcase Competition at Beef Australia 2018 – largest class of 492 or 164 pens and 330 head more than any other class of he competition!!
Sires include Australia’s large lines of Proven Outcross growth, carcass, calving ease sires including
|27 MAVERICK sons||Carcase, growth, marbling, docility, real thickness, phenotype|
|2 RAWHIDE sons||Calving ease, growth, softness, carcase, phenotype|
|12 BONUS sons||Calving Ease, carcase, growth, fertility, marbling, docility & structure – No 1 bulls for temperament!!|
|37 POWERSHIFT & POWERPLAY sons||Calving Ease, carcase, growth, fat, fertility, marbling, docility & softness – phenotype|
|11 TRAILBLAZER sons||Calving Ease, carcase, high growth, fat, fertility, marbling, docility & structure|
|16 Rennylea N457||Huge growth, carcase, frame, slick|
|12 PACIFIC sons||Thickness, docility, structure, carcase, moderate|
|10 ENTICE sons||Growth, great carcase, docile, softness, phenotype|
|13 GEDDES||Calving Ease, slick, thick, excellent heifer bulls, phenotype|
|15 PRIME QUARTER sons||Calving ease, growth, soft, carcase, docile, structure|
Sydney Royal Agricultural Show (RAS) Beef Challenge Results
We have been benching our breeding program in feeder carcase trials across the Eastern seaboard to see where we sit against not only against Angus but against all breeds and crosses. We have been entering RAS Beef Challenge since 2015, Beef Australia since 2018 and more recently started competing at the prestigious EKKA RNA Paddock to Palate competition in 2020. These competitions have been excellent in providing quality information that is commercially relevant and the the success of our steers and heifers have certainly concreted our breeding program is not only getting live calves, females are rebreeding but also the progeny are growing quickly, hit market specifications that is ultimately profitable for our clients and enjoyed by consumers that return to buy more beef.
|Champion 70 Day Domestic Pen||2016, 17, 18 , 21|
|Grand Champion 70 Day Individual||2018, 21|
|Grand Champion 100 Day Export Pen||2019, 21|
|Grand Champion 100 Day Export Individual||2016, 19|
|Grand Champion Domestic Taste Test Carcase||2018|
|Overall Eating Quality Domestic & Export||2017, 21, 22|
|Grand Champion Export Taste Test Carcase||2017|
|Reserve Champion 70 Day Domestic Pen||2016, 17 & 21|
|Reserve Champion 70 Day Individual||2017, 19 & 21|
|Reserve Champion 100 Day Export Pen||2015 & 15|
|Reserve Champion 100 Day Export Individual||2022|
|Gold Medal for Taste Test||2022|
|Silver & Bronze medals for Taste test||2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22|
|Highest Daily Weight Gain||15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21 (heifers up to 3.22kgs/day – no HGP)|
|Highest & 2nd highest marbling (up to 7 only only 100 days!)||2015, 16, 17, 18, 21|
|Most profitable pen||2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21|
Buy with confidence as all bulls have Texas Tick of Approval;
Red water (3 germ blood)
Examined & Crush Side Semen Tested
Tested Pesti Virus Free
7 in 1 vaccinations, vibrio, drenched & deloused
Accredited Johnes J-BAS score 8 – can sell Australia wide INCLUDING WA!
Handled with low stress stock handling principles, bikes, dogs & horses
Docility testing all weaners and their mothers at every calving
- ELITE LIVESTOCK AUCTIONS – Please ensure you are registered and understand how to use Elite Livestock Auctions. Ben is very happy to recommend any bulls for your program and can give a full description of bulls of interest.
- REBATES – 4% rebate will be paid to all agents that attend the sale and introduce buyers in writing before the sale otherwise the rebate will not be paid. Accounts must be settle in 7 days of the sale. A rebate of 2% will be paid to all agents introducing clients that do not attend the sale. The agents must settle in 7 days of the sale.
- HEALTH – Texas has now J-BAS score of 8 and is FREE to sell Australia wide including WA and NT, bulls are tested free of Pesti Virus, vaccinated for Vibrio, 7 in 1 & Red Water (3 germ blood), vibrio, drenched and deloused. Bulls are NOT vaccinated for 3 day or pesti.
- ACCOMMODATION– Warialda Sunflower Motel 02 67291344 and Royal Hotel 02 6729 1444. For those who want a luxury or romantic experience don’t miss Faraway Domes they are not far from here and will do a one night accommodation. Call Kate 0421 935 843. There is also a Airbnb nearby Coolatai please call Erica 0448 640 554. Also there are plenty of motels at Moree, Inverell and Goondiwindi all have Motels and are an hour away by car. Please call Wendy 02 6729 5039 or 0438 376 622 and she will be more than happy to book your accommodation.
- AIRSTRIP – There is an on property airstrip nearby and Qantas flies daily to Tamworth (2 hours away by car), Armidale (2 1/2 hours away)to Moree (1 Hour away)
|BJA Stock and Station Agents||Grant Daniel Long|
|Ph 02 6721 0477||Mark Duthie 0448 016 950|
|Keiren Te Velde 0427 669 097||Peter Brazier 0407 525 983|
|Ben Hiscox 0429 669 313||Andrew Wardle 0427 255 560|
|Scott Fitzgerald 0455 669 310||Alex Paterson 0407 655 815|
Guest Auctioneer – York Auctioneering Wayne York 0458 823 931
Southern Contact – Michael Glasser Ray White GTSM 0403 526 702
Northern Contact – Harvey Weyman-Jones 0414 941 788